FOI annual award ceremony
On December 10, 2003 the Freedom of Information Civic Initiative (Freedom of Information Center, Civil Society Institute and Media Law Institute) announced FOI Awards winners of 2003.
- RA Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs was recognized as the most transparent state body in Armenia.
- As an author of the best legal initiative of 2003, National Assembly deputy Mr. Victor Dalakyan was awarded with a golden key.
- National Assembly deputies Mrs. Hranush Hakobyan, Mr. Rafik Petrosyan and Mr. Shavarsh Kocharyan were awarded with prizes for their support and contribution to the adoption of the RA law “On Freedom of information”.
- Award for a citizen who has actively exercised his/her right of access to information under FOI Legislation went to Mrs. Emma Kirakosyan.
- The Association of Investigative Journalists was recognized as the NGO which had best applied the right of access to information.
- “Free, Secret, Transparent” article by “Haykakan Jamanak” newspaper journalist Mr. Haik Gevorgyan was recognized as the best publication covering freedom of information issues.
- The web site of the RA National Assembly (www.parliament.am) was recognized as the best web site from the point of view of freedom of information.